So you have installed WebAllow. Please
read this help section before you use this software.
1) Select list of websites that are appropriate for your kid. You may
either use your own opinion but may also check these sites http://www.kidsites.com/
2) Run WebAllow by clicking this icon on
selected websites to the allowed list ( learn
more). You may load list of approved websites from a file ( learn
on URL filtering mode ( learn more )
5) Set up password protected mode ( learn more )
6) Set up password protected software
uninstall mode ( learn more )
7) Close all running Internet Explorer
Windows. You may automatically do this using Additional Features of
WebAllow ( learn more )
Small list of Frequently Asked Questions
Question: I lost my password. Is
there any way to restore it?
Question: Do I have to pay for using
Answer: Yes. WebAllow is a "try before you buy
software". You may use WebAllow for 30 days for evaluation purposes.
After that you are expected to either purchase a registered copy of the
software or uninstall it.
Question: WebAllow is blocking
everything on my PC. What to do now?
Answer: You have probably
entered no allowed websites at all and turned on URL blocking. Yes you may
"shut down" Internet Explorer completely by doing that. You may
run Weballow as described in step 2) above and turn
off filtering mode
Question: How do I block internet
access to any site in Internet Explorer?
Answer: Just leave the list of allowed URLs blank and turn
Question: Is WebAllow working with
all browsers ?
Answer: No, it only works with Internet Explorer.
Question: I only want my users to be
able to check hotmail email. I want to disable viewing anything else.
add these URLs to WebAllow allowed list
Question: Does WebAllow support
wildcards and regular expression text search?.
Answer: yes, starting from version 2.25 WebAllow supports regex
search masks. Here are a few samples:
1) adding *.gov.uk will allow all goverment websites for UK
2) adding *.google.* will allow all Google websites for example www.google.com , www.google.ca , maps.google.de
3) adding *.*.edu will allow all educational domains to be displayed.
Question: I lost both uninstall and
access control passwords. Could you restore them?
Answer: No. We simply can not, as the software is not storing passwords anywhere. It uses password hash instead.